Commercial Property Law Department
Specialist in commercial property law
- Commercial property development
- Buying and selling commercial property
- Landlord and tenant dealings, including lease grants, renewals and surrenders
- Property investment advice, including mortgages and re-mortgages
- Portfolio and asset management
Richard has a wealth of experience in both private and in-house legal practice.
An invaluable asset to the commercial property team, Richard advises corporate and private clients on all aspects of commercial property law, assisting clients seeking to expand their property portfolios, those with premises to buy or let, or those who are interested in buying or selling land for future commercial development.
A broad-ranging career has seen Richard spend six years with Pinsent Masons in London, following his qualification from the College of Law in 2000. Seeking fresh challenges, Richard became an in-house Commercial Lawyer in both the private and public sectors, before moving out of London, in 2014, to join the highly rated retail team at the Oxfordshire commercial property law firm, BrookStreet des Roches. In 2018, we are delighted to say that Richard brought his immense talent and experience to Horsey Lightly.
Some of Richard’s work highlights
- Two years in-house solicitor at Westfield, the world’s largest shopping centre developer and operator, providing legal support to deliver two of Europe’s largest and most prestigious shopping mall developments: Westfield London and Westfield Stratford City.
- Acting for one of the world’s largest fast food retailers on high-value pre-let and freehold acquisitions for new-build drive-thru restaurants.
- Drafting a pro-forma suite of documents for use by all NHS Trusts in England when letting parts of hospital sites to third-party essential service provider tenants.
- Providing real estate support in connection with the high value share sale of a leading psychological testing business to an overseas buyer.
- Advising the UK’s largest gym operator on the asset management of its fitness club premises nationwide, including additions to, and disposals from its portfolio.
Life beyond the office
Away from the office, Richard enjoys cooking up new recipes in the kitchen and indulging his love of live music in venues far and wide.