Horsey Lightly Solicitors with offices in Newbury and London is widely respected as one of the most prestigious law firms in the South of England.
Our team represents a varied and growing client list here in the UK and abroad. We work with blue chip corporations, smaller commercial businesses, high net worth and professional private clients. While our firm continues to develop, we have retained our highly personal approach – the approach our clients prefer.
Horsey Lightly brings together the necessary skills, knowledge and commercial awareness to meet the needs of every client, however diverse. Each member of our team of solicitors focuses on a particular specialism. Many of our people sit on specialist panels and are respected as thought leaders in their area of expertise.
Life is rarely predictable. That is why the way we work is progressive, dynamic and holistic. It’s about providing you with robust advice and support for every aspect of your work and home life. Only with Horsey Lightly will you experience a complete range of services that is seamless, professional and highly personal. Explore the services our solicitors can provide.
We hold Lexcel accreditation which is the Law Society's legal practice quality mark for excellence in legal practice management and excellence in client care. Ours is a reputation for providing exceptional legal advice. Over time, we have become renowned for our ability to find innovative solutions to the most complex of legal problems. In recognition of the quality of our work, Horsey Lightly has regularly featured in “Chambers Guide to the Profession” and “The Legal 500”, a publication highlighting the top 500 firms within the country.
Today, we are a truly modern firm with offices in Newbury and London. The origins of our practice date back to 1891, when we first opened for business at 23 Queen Anne's Gate.
- 1891 Opened for business at 23 Queen Anne's Gate, London
- 1908-1918 Traded as Hills Godfrey Halsey
- 1919 Formed partnership with Mr. John Morton Fothergill Lightly, moved to 32 St. James' Place and began trading as Halsey Lightly and Hemsley
- 1997 Relocated to larger premises at 12-15 Dartmouth Street SW1
- 2000 Merged with the Newbury-based partnership of Horsey Bomer & Partners to form the present firm of Horsey Lightly
- 2012 Relocated Newbury Office to 2 West Mills
- 2016 Relocated London Office to Stratford Place