As this area of business grows increasingly complex, our employment law solicitors in Newbury and London will make sure that the needs of your business and your people are protected.
Employment law is a fast and ever-changing area of business. Our focus is on being proactive not reactive. Therefore, our team is committed to keeping their knowledge current and one step ahead. In this way, we can protect your business in the long-term and ensure that your success is sustainable.
Effective advice and support
From helping you adapt to comply with new legislation, to providing fast and effective solutions to any employment issues that may arise in the workplace – we are always ready with the answers you need. Our team of employment law solicitors provide excellent advice and support in person.
How we can help
Horsey Lightly offers valuable advice and guidance on both non-contentious and contentious matters, including any issue that many arise from starting a new business, through to its closure or transfer. Whether you need helping drafting a staff handbook, or dealing with an employment tribunal, High Court or County Court, our people will provide the guidance you need.
Drafting contracts of employment and service agreements (for employees of all levels), consultancy agreements and company policies and procedures
- Business Protection, Confidentiality and Restrictive Covenants
- Compilation and advice on Settlement Agreements and severance packages
- Disclosure and consultation requirements upon business sales and acquisitions
- Business Transfers / Sales / Mergers and Acquisitions
- Transfer of employees (TUPE implications)
- Redundancy (collective and individual)
- Senior engagements
- Trade Union issues
- Guiding you through new legislation
- Termination of employment
- Defending unfair dismissal, discrimination and protected disclosure claims (whistleblowing)
- Employment tribunal claims
- Disciplinary and grievance processes and procedures
- Redundancy and restructuring processes and procedures
- Breaches of restrictive covenants, confidentiality and pursuing injunctive proceedings and claims for damages
- Management of stress and sickness absence in the workplace
- Parental rights and flexible working
- Industrial Relations / Disputes / Strikes
Our employment lawyers work closely with our business solicitors and commercial property solicitors and the litigation team as your case requires.