Company & Business Law Department
Specialist in business law
- Mergers, acquisitions and demergers
- Contract negotiation
- Succession planning and exit strategies within businesses
- Transfer of company ownership
- Legal support for private companies, sole traders and partnerships
- Shareholder relationship structures
- Business restructures
- Business growth management support
- Retirement guidance
Lynda handles and clearly explains even the most complex of commercial and corporate legal issues, quickly and efficiently.
With a legal career spent specialising in the business and corporate legal world, Lynda has amassed a rarely-found level of legal expertise. This, and her belief in the importance of explaining legal issues in clear jargon-free English, have made her highly sought after by entrepreneurs and owner-managed businesses.
Over the years, Lynda has successfully acted for clients in a range of sectors, including the motor and media industries. Known for her pragmatic no-nonsense advice, Lynda has a great deal of experience in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, with related documentation, and for ensuring transactions run smoothly and in a time-efficient way.
Demonstrating her incredible determination and skill, Lynda qualified at law school in 2000, having studied in the evenings and at weekends while working full-time in the legal department of a global oil company.
A move into private practice, with a Legal 500 firm in Guildford, enabled Lynda to build on her commercial law expertise, gaining several years of corporate law and transactional experience. Lynda then moved to a firm in Basingstoke, where she headed up the Corporate Department, before joining the team here at Horsey Lightly in 2009.
Some of Lynda’s work highlights
- Successfully acting on the sale of a property ownership company, where the main shareholder had died.
- Advising and drafting the documentation on the buy-back of shares, which allowed a director/shareholder to retire.
- Enabling shareholders to part company by advising and drafting the documentation on the purchase of shares.
- Advising and drafting the documentation on a demerger which allowed shareholders to part company.
Life beyond the office
Away from work, Lynda likes to spend time with her family and enjoys nothing more than being out on her bike on a sunny day, ideally heading towards a picnic spot. At home, Lynda is a keen and creative cook, and also enjoys furniture restoration and upholstery.