Our fees for residential conveyancing transactions are based upon the value of the property which you are buying or selling.
Our fees for re-mortgages are based upon the level of borrowing.
We would ask you to contact our residential property team hotline on 01635 517204 for an instant estimate tailored to your particular transaction.
The following table provides an estimate of our average fees for the transactions listed all of which are exclusive of VAT:
|VALUE OF PROPERTY || ||FEE |
|£0.00 ||£250,000.00 ||£805.00 |
|£250,001.00 ||£500,000.00 ||£980.00 |
|£500,001.00 ||£750,000.00 ||£1,080.00 |
|£750,001.00 ||£1,000,000.00 ||£1,305.00 |
|£1,000,001.00 ||PLUS ||from £1,830.00 |
|VALUE OF PROPERTY || ||FEE |
|£0.00 ||£250,000.00 ||£750.00 |
|£250,001.00 ||£500,000.00 ||£925.00 |
|£500,001.00 ||£750,000.00 ||£1,025.00 |
|£750,001.00 ||£1,000,000.00 ||£1,250.00 |
|£1,000,001.00 ||PLUS ||from £1,775.00 |
From £420.00…depending on mortgage lender requirements
From £520.00…depending on mortgage lender requirements
Fees exclusive of VAT@ 20%.
We do not charge referral fees.
Unfortunately we do not deal with shared ownership properties.
WHAT OUR FEES COVER
Our fees cover all of the work required to complete the relevant transaction including acting for your mortgage lender (if we are instructed to do so) in the case of a purchase of either a freehold or leasehold property, dealing with registration at the Land Registry and dealing with the payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) if the property is in England, or Land Transaction Tax (LTT) if the property is in Wales.
In addition to our fees there will be other sums payable which we will pay on your behalf. Examples of these are as follows:
- SDLT or LLT
- Land Registry Fees
- Search fees
- Money transfer fees
- In the case of leasehold property fees associated with obtaining a sellers information pack from the management company and the notification of transfer required by the lease
These additional sums vary from case to case and can be influenced by:
- the price of the property
- your own circumstances in the case of SDLT or LLT
- the location of the property
- the type of property for example new build or existing housing
- Management company involvement
- Indemnity insurance costs
We will be able to give you an accurate estimate of these additional sums when you contact us on the number above.
FACTORS WHICH MAY INCREASE OUR FEES
There are factors which, if present in your transaction, will increase the fees over and above the average figures mentioned above or any estimate which we may provide to you unless, of course, we are aware of them when giving an estimate. The following is a list of examples:
- if title to the property is not registered at the Land Registry
- if serious problems are encountered of the nature listed below under the heading “Timing”
- if you are purchasing using the Help To Buy scheme
- additional lenders
Most conveyancing transaction involving a sale or purchase take a minimum of two months to complete but that time frame can be influenced by a great number of factors and we list some of those factors here:
- if your transaction is one of a number of linked transactions usually referred to as a “chain”.
- if investigations carried out by us in the case of a purchase or by your buyer in the case of a sale reveal matters relating to the subject property which need to be rectified in some way, for example structural defects, absence of planning permission or building regulation approval for works, breach of covenant, defective leases or Transfers
- If Probate is awaited.
- Management Company involvement
- Mortgage lenders’ requirements
- Delayed Search results
- Complying with Land Registry requirements
Re-mortgages typically take one month to complete from receipt of the mortgage offer.